It is understandable to be overwhelmed by the current situation. Research claims that the rate of anxiety and depression all around the world has skyrocketed due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. With total cases of 2 million and death of 122k, the furture still remains uncertain.
Carl Jung once said,”Man need difficulties. They are necessary for health.” There are two outcomes from this difficult situation and that is either you turn it into boon by materializing your true potential or you become the slave of it. And I believe everyone goes with the former. The reflection from this difficult situation is very important as it triggers our perspective and push us towards progress.
So the question here arises: How to turn pain into progress?
First and foremost, what we need to understand is that learning and both unlearning is progress. The greatest challenge of 21st century is to adjust with the environment and keep moving forward. No matter whether you want to rule the world or you want to be ruled, knowledge is essential.
The world’s largest online education provider Coursera announced that they are offering 100 free online courses in response to Covid-19. Here are some of my top picks:
- Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change from Case Western Reserve university ★★★★★
- Leading People and Teams Specialization from University of Michigan ★★★★★
- The Manager’s Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work from University of London ★★★★★
B. Business and Entrepreneurship:
- English for Business and Entrepreneurship from University of Pennsylvania ★★★★★
- Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation from University of Cape Town ★★★★★
- Design-Led Strategy: Design thinking for business strategy and entrepreneurship from University of Sydney ★★★★★
- Identifying Social Entrepreneurship Opportunities from Copenhagen Business School ★★★★★
- Introduction to Programming with MATLAB from Vanderbilt University ★★★★★
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate from IBM★★★★★
- Computer Science: Programming with a Purpose from Princeton University ★★★★★
- Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate from Google ★★★★★
D. Machine Learning
- Machine Learning from Stanford University ★★★★★
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate from IBM ★★★★★
- AI For Everyone from deeplearning.ai ★★★★★
- A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment from Indian School of Business ★★★★★(435)
- COVID-19: What You Need to Know (CME Eligible) from Osmosis
- How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics from University of Virginia ★★★★★(24)
- De-Mystifying Mindfulness from Leiden University ★★★★★(34)
- Chinese for Beginners from Peking University ★★★★☆(21)
- C++ For C Programmers, Part A from University of California, Santa Cruz ★★★☆☆(18)
- The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know from University of Michigan ★★★★★(12)
- Developing AI Applications on Azure from LearnQuest
- Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success from Imperial College London
- Fashion as Design from The Museum of Modern Art ★★★★★(1)
- Converting Challenges into Opportunities from University of California, San Diego ★★★★★
Finally, as we move through time, we’re often presented with opportunities that are carefully disguised as problems. And every day we’re forced to make a choice. Let’s make the choice that drive us towards progress. Let this become your habit.